Saturday, October 31, 2009

Applesauce Kugel

This is my first post. I'm Redhead in the Kitchen's sister, and I'm guest blogging my own recipes here. I'm the Second Redhead in the Kitchen. We keep vegetarian at home (no fish, no meat), so all the recipes that I post will have no meat and no fish.

This kugal is easy to make and is very good! More kugals are coming!

1 lb. wide noodles
4 eggs
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. melted margarine
1/2 c. raisins or dried cranberries
2 c. applesauce (unsweetened)
Cinnamon and sugar to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles until nearly tender and drain. Beat eggs and add the sugar, vanilla, margarine, raisins (or dried cranberries), applesauce and noodles, mixing well. Pour into a large greased baking dish. Combine some cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top. Bake 1 hour until the top is browned.
(Top with small spoonfuls of orange marmalade - optional)

Congregation Beth El Sisterhood cookbook (2003), Bethesda, MD

No comments: