Monday, August 2, 2010

drooling fan girl.

I'm trying to write an updated review of one of my favorite books of all time.  It was written in the last 5 years or so, and I've probably read it half a dozen times. In an accidental fit of over-caffeination I have e-mailed the author (and got a response!), google mapped him, stalked him via livejournal and facebook. This book turned me in a drooling fan girl.  This book is theraputic.  When i'm feeling depressed, or down, or scared, or anxious, I pick it up and I feel better.  The rampant swear words make me giggle.  it is pure unadulterated FUN.

this book is full of con-jobs, thieves, violence, weapons, scary people, scarier people, revenge, manic sharks (without the lazer beams attached to their heads), and some more con jobs and scary people. And there is a sequel which has plenty more con jobs, violence, liars, thieves, and swear words.

and I find it theraputic. What the hell does that say about my psyche?  and how do I write this review without sounding like a drooling fangirl??

No comments: